The air inside your home can be a staggering 100 times more polluted than the air outside. One of the best ways to help ensure that your home’s air is as clean as possible is by having duct cleaning performed on a regular basis. Doing so can help you and everyone else in your home is safe and healthy. Here are some of the signs that you should call American Comfort’s One Hour Heating and Air Conditioning to have yours performed.
Be Alert to the Warning Signs
You are overdue for duct cleaning if you notice any of the following:
- Your return and supply vent covers are dirty.
- You see dark filtration lines in the areas surrounding the vents, such as the ceiling, carpet or walls.
- Some areas of your home always seem warmer or cooler than others.
- Your energy bills are higher than usual. This is a sign your heating and cooling systems are having to work too hard because your ducts are blocked.
- You had a recent remodeling job done in your home. This can cause dust and other debris to clog your ducts.
- You’ve had any recent flooding or water damage in your ducts, which can lead to the buildup of sediment.
What to Expect
When you call us for your duct cleaning we’ll send a certified technician to take care of you. He’ll attach a vacuum to then supply side of your system to clear your ductwork, clean each vent with a rotary brush, and then vacuum and clean the return side. Then, he’ll inspect your furnace’s heat exchanger to make sure it’s operating safely, cleaning the register grill, evaporator coil, blower assembly and much more.
Give American Comfort’s One Hour Heating and Air Conditioning a call today at 773-295-2970 or contact us online to schedule an appointment.